Friday, June 5, 2009

Another Weim Saved!


This is the poor little guy I picked up at the Greenville Shelter on Thursday. They told me he was 2 - after contacting the vet via his rabies tag it turns out he is 13! The people who owned him were going to put him to sleep in January (he weighed 65 lbs then) but a "friend" said they would take him. Today he weighs in at about 35 lbs. How could someone do this to a dog? They should be put in jail with no food! Despite having a bad last 6 months of his life he is more than willing to trust me and is so sweet. It makes my heart ache for him. Lucky for Leonardo (also found out is name from his old vet) there is a gentleman in Greenwood who is retired who is willing to share his home with him so that the last little bit of his life be lived in peace. Tomorrow on the way to my race he will be safely delivered to his new forever home. May he have all the love and all the food he can eat for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

Mike Levins said...

Poor thing...I agree that whoever could do that to a loving a sweet creature should have to endure that same pain and suffering. Hope the old guy has it great for the rest of his days:) You did good!

Unknown said...

what a great thing you did for the old fella. I can't imagine a 35 lb. Weim. hard to believe you would not go to jail for doing this to an animal!