Friday, October 5, 2007

Frantic' and Mini go for a ride...

Of course there is more to this story. Frantic (Fran-teek) as my cousin calls her and Mini are my cousin Maria's pets. Last week Maria had to work in Spartanburg so she came to stay with me. Of course she asked permission to bring her pets. I was very intrigued by these 2 turtles who are not afraid of people at all. Maria is well versed in turtle care so she filled me in on their care. She was kind enough to bring along their food - slaw (home-made) and worms (store bought) although I offered to go collect some for her. There had been a fishing tournament and all the type worms that the girls eat were out so they had a different variety of worm that they were not so interested in. At any rate I had a great visit with Maria and the "girls". Mini and Frantic are both still young but Maria hopes to release them to her backyard as soon as they are a little bigger.

No comments: