Monday, April 21, 2008

Oliver

Oliver the Appaloosa is my new friend along with his owner Christy (she did not want her picture taken). Years ago riding was my favorite hobby but during the triathlon phase of my life it is something that has fallen by the way side. This year however I have really had the bug to ride again. Lucky for me I met Christy at just the right time and she just happens to have a few extra horses that she does not mind sharing with me. The first time I went to the barn and got that horse smell all over me and lost all sense of time I was just in heaven. Now I try to ride with Christy at least once a week. I am finding my riding legs again and we are planning on doing our first Hunter Pace together in a few weeks.

Friday evening we took the horses out on a short trail ride and cantered around a big field. The weather was warm and balmy. The ride was the perfect way to end the day. On the way back to the barn we passed by a field with a young foal which seems to be common at this time of the year. Still I always need to stop at watch them play, it is a sign that spring is finally here.

No comments: