Monday, April 21, 2008

She now has a name...Cricket

This is the dog that I rescued last Thursday and took to Columbia to her foster home with Chris. When I picked her up she had no name, no number, no papers because she was going to be put to sleep. I told them I was from rescue and with just my signature they handed her over to me. She was sweet immediately and very happy to get to go for a walk, run in the grass. She slept the entire way to Columbia. Upon arrival at her foster home with Chris and his other Weim, Moses and a Jack Russell mix she made friends quickly. She romped around and checked out everything but mostly she wanted to go into the house. According to Chris she thinks that any piece of furniture that is good enough for him is good enough for her. She is well behaved and loves to play ball but does not yet swim. Unfortunately she is heartworm positive but will be treated soon. She will be up for adoption within the next few months. We think she is about 2 years old.

Last Wednesday when I heard that she needed to be rescued I was torn. I knew I could not take another dog into my home so I was grateful when Chris opened his home and heart to her. It is so rewarding to be able to give a dog another chance at a good life. I took half the day off from my crazy life to pick her up and drive her down to Columbia. I did not really have the time but when you believe in something sometimes you just have to make it work. I know I can't rescue them all, but at least every once in awhile I can save one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW she is so sweet. You did good by her, karma will reward you!

Unknown said...

What a stunning Weim. Thanks for taking the time to go get her! She sounds like the typical Weim, ready to be spoiled.