Friday, May 2, 2008

Another week, another race...

Last week at Langley Pond we had turbulent weather and delays which still made for a fun race because everything was handled calmly and professionally by Set-Up. The race closely resembled my week a little chaotic and lots of unexpected delays and problems most of which I think I handled well. I don't have much time for a blog today...or ever but here is a quick update of the week.

Tuesday - My bike finally assembled. Sione arrived in Charlotte at 9 pm - so a late night, I do not do well without sleep.
Wed - training, getting organized
Thursday - don't even remember because it was a blurr
Friday - paid bills and got ready to leave for race. Little accident with my car. Notice there are no more roof racks on it...For those of you who have seen the car you know exactly what happened to it. Oh and I ran the well dry. Bad day.
Saturday - race, if you can call it that. I was in a bad place mentally but managed to smile and complete. I am lucky to be able to do what I do. I needed to remind myself of that multiple times during the race. Wonderful cool down run.

Now - no more time. I must go to the lake, swim, work, play, maybe relax...not really time for the last 2 options!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great Race Katie! An adventure for sure! :-)

Thanks for the coaching! Hey, I still have your book. It is a tad damp though! ;-)

Ashley said...

did someone say damp... you got that right. Try SOAKING. Everything after that race. Katie, good to see you - and right about the smile. Your positive race day attitude is infectious. Thank you!