Monday, May 5, 2008

My first Hunter Pace!

Here we are ready to go out and complete the Hunter Pace yesterday. Christy is riding Treat who was anything but a "treat" to ride yesterday and I am riding her other horse Thor who did very well. Originally we had planned to take Oliver and Thor but we had to change our strategy a bit when Oliver was lame (sore foot for you non-horse people). The course was a 9.2 + mile trail ride over beautiful country on a day with PERFECT weather. Ironically it took us 3 hours to complete. Treat would have liked to have done the complete ride at a wide open run but Christy was not going to let him. So we took our time and enjoyed the scenery, although I think Christy was probably worn out by the end just from holding him back. Somewhere around 7.5 miles we got close to the area with the horse trailers and Christy and I both got pretty excited that we were going to get to eat lunch when all of a sudden the course turned and we headed away again. Sure we got to see some beautiful scenery but at that point we were actually getting sore from being on a horse for so long and very thirsty. Next time I am going to ride with my Camelback! All in all a great day and a wonderful ride. Much more relaxing than triathlon!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Very cool. See Katie, you are already hooked back into the riding world.......... Watch out! :-)


I am jealous. I don;t think that you ever get horses out of your blood after hunting and/or doing any cross country work.