Sunday, May 25, 2008

Clemson Photo Shoot & Race Update

Team Set-Up actually all caught wearing our team shirts at the same time! OK - it is only 3 of us but still a good start for us! Chris Smutzer, Me, Hugh Myrick
Almost all of the Malone Coaching girls who were at the race - Lori, Audrey, Me (James - not a girl) Sione, Nancy and Chasse.
Sione on her way to a win - I think she came in 5th overall...including the men on the bike. She is amazing. Thanks to Johnny for this great photo!
Lori, Chasse and Nancy...AKA as the Anderson Girls who have been my biggest supporters and friends now for years!
James, Me, Sione, Chris G - AKA Gman, and Chris Smutzer.
A very little blurb about the race. The best part is getting to camp practically in the transition area. Although I love the location, the course and the quality race that Jeremey (I mean Set-Up) has made. I think this year was the 8th or 9th time I have raced this course. Sione was able to smoke it and win, although she had some impressive competition. Lori and Audrey both were happy to complete their first triathlons with Lori even snagging an award in the Novice category! This race brings everyone together and has a wonderful "local" feel. I saw people who I used to water ski with out there in bike shorts! What is this world coming to? Malone Coaching had 15 athletes racing which is also a record number. It was a beautiful day and a fine race what more can I ask for?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey! Someone is miising from those sweet photos! No love to the volunteers! :-( booo. ;-)

Ashley said...

I love me some Smutzer in cut off jean shorts!!!! :-)