Friday, June 15, 2007

Small town love

I live in a small town and I like it. I know every other person I see and if I don't know them chances are I know their cousin, wife or kid and for some reason I find this very entertaining. Today I ventured out of my small town and into another small town, Saluda, only 14 miles away from my home but a world away. I ate lunch, walked the streets, checked out stores I have been in at least 100 times. I smelled hand made soap that reminded me of jelly beans, looked at pottery that I will give as a gift at the next wedding I go to and drooled over hand made jewelry. I had a few hours of vacation and within minutes I was back at home.

I then walked all the dogs (minus Yoda who is having hip problems). I walked on the trails in the woods and hid behind trees from the dogs and laughed wildly as they sprinted past me, some hunting dogs! We splashed in the bottom of a waterfall and then I let them swim in the pond before crashing through the woods on our way back to the house.

Another day is done. Tomorrow will be a 100+ mile day on the bike so the change in pace today was welcome.

No comments: