Saturday, August 25, 2007

Greenville Sprint

Last weekend I went and watched the Greenville Sprint Triathlon. I watched almost everyone I coach PR on the course by minutes. I cheered for all, encouraged people to run the hill and in general had a really fun day.

The morning started when before 6 AM I pulled out my marker to body mark a friend and within moments I had 100 people standing behind me. So that is where I stayed until the marker ran out. Little did I know at the end of the other body marking line was Amy. Amy is my fellow team-mate (Set-Up Events) and friend who is also taking a break from racing after some heart trouble. So you see at least those of us on the bench are in good company!
(Picture is of Amy and her daughter Peyton last year at Hickory Knob)


Here are some photos - although I admit I am not good with the camera. Results are posted on my coaching website or Set-Up Events.
Kimberley Westbury - 2nd Overall in good company with new comer Elite athlete Kelly taking first and Lindsey holding on for 3rd.
Chris Smutzer taking 3rd in the Masters division despite not having an "on" day.


No comments: