Monday, August 27, 2007

Turtles and Beavers


Since my training is on a bit of a hold right now I have been enjoying running with the dogs every morning. Blue, one of the rescue dogs, returned to us this weekend after a family that had adopted him deceided he was too much work and just was not going to fit. Poor Blue! We are back up to 6 Weimaraners so they HAVE TO run everyday - which means I do too! (Picture of Blue)


Today was a fun adventure run. Duke has taken to sniffing out turtles during every run. He absolutly loves them. Today while we were running I thought Duke picked up and old tennis ball and was running with it, but a few minutes later he dropped it and it made a strange noise. So I went back to check out what he had and sure enough Duke had been carrying around a baby tutle! The turtle wasn't hurt at all so I placed him in the grass to recover from his scary ride with Duke.


After that we made out way to what we call the "upper" pond. Basically it is the upper pond because we have to run uphill for a 1/2 mile to get to it. As usuall the Beaver was swimming his laps which drives the dogs nuts. They all jump in an try to swim after him. The Beaver gets mad and smacks his tail on the water which only makes the dogs more wild instead of the desired effect of scaring them. After they have a good swim I call them back up into the field with me and watch from the hill as the beaver resurfaces and completes his morning rounds.


A morning run is always a good way to start the day!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

CUTE!!! I had no idea you had a blog. I love dog stories. Still working on Derek and the dog situation.

And it is not your fault that dog took that girl down. I mean, where were the owners????