Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hartsville from behind the lens...

Since I can't race I can take pictures. Some are good, some not so good but I am going to post them anyway since I spent hours out on the course at Hartsville cheering for those I coach and many that I don't even know. I guess I am addicted to triathlon. I love getting up early in the morning, the fog rising off the lake, the cool air, the loud music in the transition area and lots of people who are just as crazy as I am about the event.
Unfortunatly when I stepped into the water to catch this cool shot I left my racing flats on the beach. Since I was not racing I walked around barefoot and then put my bike shoes on and went out on the course for the remainder of the day. When I was almost home I realized that my race shoes with my very expensive orthotics were still on the beach in Hartsville. Of course I called everyone I could think of to see if someone at the campground had picked them up - but it appears that there is some guy - most likely named "Bubba" wearing a pair of orange Asics with stinky green orthotics. Oh well - I guess it is the only way to get rid of orthotics that stink! Hopefully whomever picked them up needed them more than me anyway. (This shot is of Lindsay, Kimberley & Ashley from left to right) They finished in reverse order!
I am not finished with my picture posting yet...but I have to got to PT for my shoulder now.
Fred coming out of the water - new shutter speed works wonders!

No comments: