Friday, October 3, 2008

Ache Around the Lake

Week 2 after the Ironman - put on an 8K charity run at my favorite training location. Ironman was easy compared to organizing and executing a race. Really it should not be that hard but race day is all about the details which I worked on pretty much non-stop from the time I got home from Wisconsin. Pictured above are Scarlette (founder of the race, co director and now friend). This picture was taken right before I realized that someone actually took awards as souvenirs! Yes, that really happened! Overall the event went well, turnout was a little low so I have some ideas how to make it more interesting for next year. For some reason I really want to see 500+ people show up for this race. I want to see it grow. I want it to be the biggest fund raiser of the year for the hospital. I have a long way to go with it but I have a great team. Amazingly enough we are all women too. I guess I am all about girl power lately! I don't have all the stats yet but we had 190 runners and it looks like we raised about $17,000 maybe even more. All in a days work...

No comments: