Friday, October 3, 2008

She Swims, She Bikes, She Runs SheROX

Week 1 after Ironman: This was my first ever all women's triathlon. 1 week after Ironman Wisconsin I found myself at the starting line of this sprint race. Chasse had the idea for years that we all should go and do one of these all women races. Most are always so far away but with this one practically in my back yard I just could not miss it, even if it was just 1 WEEK after Ironman. My sprint in this race was more like a crawl. I had nothing left in my legs after a week of travel and trying to regroup at home. The race hurt and I was slow, BUT I still had fun. I got to catch up with my friends from Anderson (picture above) and lots of women that I have met from over the years racing. There were lots of beginners there too. The race was well done (thank you Set-Up) and the finisher awards were very cool charm bracelets. Yes, I could get into this girly racing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Aren't those girly races soo much fun? Glad you had fun and managed to race right after your IM!! :) Jennifer Harrison

Carolina John said...

Hey katie. Read my blog post from today, i "tagged" you for more info. haha, have fun with that one. it should be some interesting info, i'm looking forward to seeing your responses.