Friday, October 3, 2008

SC Half Ironman



Week 3 after Ironman - I figured I had not done any training - except 1 sprint race for 3 weeks so why not do the Half Ironman. It really was fun for the first 35 miles on the bike and then my legs had enough. I had another 21 miles left to think about the fact that it was probably a bad idea to race, but since I started and was able to finish I figured I would just get through it. Off the bike and on to the run I found that someone stole my visor in the transition area (If you are reading this and you have a visor with the name MALONE printed on it - I would love to have it back! No questions - really!) Aside from the missing visor I also realized that something in my leg was causing some pain. I made myself just run through it, warm-up and then start running. I even had to stop and stretch but I was able to get back into stride by the end and enjoy myself. While my race was not my fastest ever I can boast that everyone I coached had a PR (personal record) - sure it might have been the great weather but I prefer to think that it was my great coaching :o) Another great day at the races for Malone Coaching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good!

Ashley said...

Katie, you're a beast! Way to make up for a short 2007 season ;) Awesome job.