Friday, December 7, 2007

Earthquake!

This morning a few minutes after 6 I was launched from my bed by a loud rumbling and a bang! I literally took off running because I was pretty sure the furnace had blown up or some other really bad thing had happened to our house. After a quick run around the house and checking for gas leaks I called the neighbor who also had on all of thier lights. No one even guessed, we all figured something had exploded. The epicenter was actually 6 miles from where I live. The fact that it was so loud at my house is pretty scary. It was only a 2.1 on the Richter Scale but still enough to give us all a good scare and certainly it kept me from going back to sleep - what a way to get up!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hello Katie,
Chop, Chop! This is your blog conscience speaking.......... get to blogging! :-)