Thursday, December 27, 2007

Smokey ...the Bear


We have been down to 5 dogs for the past few months so when I found out that Smokey was being kept in a little cage at the local vets office I had to rescue him. After a few conversations with the owner (who loves Smokey) he agreed to let me bring Smokey home with me. After all it is for the good of the dog. Smokey's original owner passed away and her son agreed to take the dog but he lives in Florida in a small house that was not ready for a 110 lb. Weim pup. So for the few months he was going to board him at the local vet clinic. While this was satisfactory - it is just not a good thing for a Weim to stay caged up so now Smokey is living here with us. He is learning to be part of the pack and has really been enjoying outside time and long walks with the other dogs. He is a lover and never misses a chance to have his tummy rubbed or to snuggle on the couch. Occasionally Smokey can't resist the temptation to give me a bear hug which is why I now call him Smokey the Bear!

No comments: