Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bad Karma

Almost exactly 1 month ago I was having problems with carbon monoxide in the house. I had the gas company come 2x, the heating company 2x and finally the plumber to find the problem. Why it took so many people to find the problem I do not know. Basically I just had to stay home that week and wait for them to come. When the plumber, John, finally arrived he was kind enough to inform me that my hot water heater was the problem. I was so happy that finally someone had the answer for me. Not only did he have the answer, but within 3 hours there was a new hot water heater installed and the carbon monoxide detector was finally reading 0. John had expressed an interest in my bikes (which I have way too many of). He wanted to know if I would sell him one. Really the only one that I would be willing to part with was very old and not worth much anyway. Since I was so grateful to him for having found and fixed my problem I thought it would be nice to give him the bike.

Fast Forward to Sunday when the new hot water heater blew her top. I called the plumbing company and they sent someone first thing Monday morning. It was not my friend John. Today they were back again with a new hot water heater, but still no John. When the guys were leaving they said to me "hey you know that guy you gave the bike to..." "well he broke his leg riding it in the parking lot". Well, boy do I feel bad now. Poor guy, I was doing something nice and it just turned out all wrong.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Holy cow dude!! That's terrible! What the heck was he trying to do on the thing??

Unknown said...

No good deed goes unpunished! Poor thing.