Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Doggie Update

Smokey has a new home with Sarah the marathon runner. He has already been running with her, taken over her sofa and tried to boss around Tripp (the other Weim). When Smokey left last Saturday he did not look sad at all. He jumped up in the SUV and said "take me for a ride people!" He already had a play date with another pup on the schedule, new toys in the front seat and his own bed waiting for him at home. Smokey is finally the spoiled pup he has always thought he was! I can't thank Sarah enough for giving him that loving/running home he deserved.

Duke on the other hand is not so easy to place. Due to his abusive background he is not so quick to accept just anyone which is why I am lucky that Reva has come into our lives. Reva lives exactly 1.5 miles from my house. I pass her house every day on the way to town but yet I had never met her. I have however noticed that she had a Weim. Unfortunately her Jonsie passed away last month and she is now looking for another forever friend. She is working with me and Duke to win his heart over. Duke and I went for a visit (a walk and biscuit) on Monday. He was certainly not perfect but he was at least well behaved. We will visit again at the end of the week. I think I will need to leave him with her so that he will not focus on me so much. He is a very loyal and dedicated dog...I would just like him to direct a little bit of that towards her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How great that you are successful in placing the pups! Good news.