Thursday, July 17, 2008

The pony loop

First let me clarify that I know these are NOT ponies. These are actually warm-blood foals at a farm that is a breeding facility for Dressage horses. For the last two years they have bred the horse of the year here. Every year they have 6-8 foals turned out in the pasture near the road where I bike past. They are usually born in the spring and stay in this field for at least 6-8 months before they are weened. At this stage they are very curious and sweet so I make a point to have a snack and visit with them on my bike rides. I have nicknamed the loop the "pony loop" for some reason and always enjoy my stops there. Yesterday while riding with Pam 7 of the foals came over to visit. I could not get them all in the picture but here are 4 of my friends.

No comments: