Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a BOAR!!!

When I am out riding you will hear me yell "DOG" often, "Deer" once in awhile, "Chicken" sometimes but for the first time ever on a bike ride I yelled "BOAR!" and then maybe a few other things too. I slammed on my breaks, after all everyone knows boar are mean and this fellow did not look like some cute barn yard pet either. He was black and about the size of a small bear and he was eating some road kill in the watershed so he was not interested in making me part of the food chain that day. I am sure his buddies were lurking in the woods though. A car came and slowed to check him out and it was at that point that I sprinted past, lucky me I was going DOWN the watershed. Seeing this boar was great because it temporarily took my mind off how was feeling. I could have used about another 10 of them during that ride. In all honesty I love getting to see all sorts of wildlife on my bike rides. Do rednecks count?

No comments: