Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A day in my life

(Ziggy - taking a break before destroying his stuffed milk-bone in record time - 58 seconds)

I know most people think I sit around home and drink coffee and watch Oprah but honestly that could not be further from what my typical day looks like. My days and weeks are typically scheduled about a week in advance to allow me to schedule my workouts, training sessions with athletes, volunteering, taking care of dogs, and maybe even catching up with a friend. Here is how my day goes:

5-6 wake up and take care of dogs, empty dishwasher, do laundry
6-8 first workout of the day
8-9 walk, feed and clean up after the herd
9-10 or 11 depending on the day - sit at desk and go through e-mails. Accomplish about 1/4 of the things that actually need to be done. I get anywhere from 30-80 e-mails per day that need some sort of response. 5 Dogs usually at my feet while I am in my office.
11-afternoon I can fit in another workout or run errands, go to volunteer meetings, take dogs to vet etc etc
4-5 take care of the crazy dogs again before I head out for an evening coaching sessions
6-8-8:30 Sessions with athletes at least 3 times a week
9 - take care of dogs again!

Somewhere in between I manage to eat, maybe even cook a meal, clean the house and give the pups lots of love! I know it is a rough life but someone has to do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hah. Let me know if you ever find a toy a weim can't destroy in short order!