Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting Ready for Ironman WI

My bike had been cleaned and is ready for the trip. I still need to put race wheels on it and do a pre-race check over but at least round one is done.
I actually washed all my nasty running shoes. I did not think that I could stand to be in the car for 14 hours with any of them. They look like new now!
Yesterday I spent at least an hour getting my old tubular tires off and putting the new ones on. I have blisters on my thumbs to show for it. I have not had new tires for 2 years so I figured it was time.
These are all the remnants of stuff I ate on long rides. I have been throwing everything into a bowl in the kitchen. I figured while I was cleaning and packing that I should clean this out. Nothing in here looks appetizing! (Goldfish, Donuts, Power Bar, Peanut Butter crackers, Jelly Beans, Clif bloks, ibuprofen and money for "real" food)
On the long list of things I need to do in order to be ready to get out of here tomorrow...dog sitter instructions. Here Hairy Harry and Ziggy wait their turn for some extra love. I feel so guilty leaving them. Did I mention I just emptied 150 lbs of dog food into bins for them?

Getting ready to go to any race is a lot of work but leaving for 10 days AND doing an Ironman takes some serious organization. Today all I am doing is packing, cleaning, laundry, spinning. Tomorrow at this time I should be in the car on the way!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Good Luck Katie!!!! I'll be cheering for you. Best if luck and have some fun.

Ashley said...

Right, how about this: "best of luck"

Chris said...

Good Luck Katie!! We'll be tracking you guys on race day!!

Chris said...

we need update pics and commentary please.............(tapping foot with hand on hip) :-)