Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Weimaraners Need Homes!

I have been distressed all day today knowing that there is yet another Weimaraner at the Greenville Humane Society. Normally I would rush out an get him but I have no where to put him, no time to dedicate to a 7th dog. In the past it has been dog #7 that has pushed me over the edge. I can do a lot but 7 dogs is just way too many. So tonight I was sitting here fretting about a trip to the pound tomorrow. A friend has agreed to board the dog for a week and cover vet expenses, but then what? I have been here before, it can take months to find a dog a home. Who knows what issues this dog has. Why can't I just ignore it. Everyone else does? People buy puppies all the time only to turn them in a few years later - dogs are not disposable! So just when I think about something else I get an e-mail from a close friend who had a very reputable back-yard type breeding facility for Weims. She is getting divorced and needs to find homes...GOOD homes for 10+ dogs of varying ages. Oh my gosh, what can I do? Outside of winning the lottery and purchasing a 1000+ acres to have a Weim sanctuary? OK, that is probably not going to happen. What may happen is I end up being some crazy woman who lives in poverty because she has way too many dogs. I will be known as the crazy lady with all the gray dogs, yes I see it happening. As a matter of fact I think it is very close to being that way already. The neighbors know I have lost my mind. I just can't help it though because Weims are just like I am. They are quirky, energetic, loving, wild, smart and love nothing more than a good run and a nap. They are loyal beyond belief and enjoy being man's best friend. Who doesn't want a dog like this? Lucky for you I know where 11 of them are that need homes. I can train you and train the dog to run together. A Weim will be the best running partner you ever had - I promise. So do I have any takers??? Please , please, please help save me from being that old woman with 100+ dogs. More to come on this subject.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gosh hun, if Derek would let me, I'd love one. Unfortunately I understand his reason behind wanting to wait until we have our daughter and someone home for a few weeks to teach a dog a "routine" before they are left alone with his mom.

But, before you lose your sanity, try calling Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. They have a lot of animal sanctuaries that they are in touch with all over- I think there is one in Atlanta, that may be able to take the dog or can direct you to someone else who can. No one expect you to personally save them all, you just might have a hand in helping!

Gotta Run..... said...

OMG... you are breaking my heart. It bothers you because you have a heart and be glad for that. I have a house full of pets for that same reason. Since I am in the Upstate I will put the word out.

Chris said...

KT, I'm still pushing Lisa for one... Baron kind of skewed her view of WEIMS though. :-)

I'm being MR mom since Lisa has the flu so, not toomuch trianing. I'm hoping to hop on the trainer during the girls rest time.