Monday, June 30, 2008

I have been Tagged...

This seemed like a fun idea so I decided to play along:

10 years ago
I had gone back to college and was running cross country on a full scholarship at USCS - now known as USC-Upstate. Not exactly what I had imagined for my college education but it was better than one might think. I looked at running cross country as my part time job. My other job included cleaning houses. I cleaned everyone on my hands and knees as if someone were going to eat off the floor. Each house was a workout because I got paid by the job and not by the hour. I would clean as fast as I could so I could get home to study, so I could get back to afternoon cross country practice where I would run the workout as fast as possible so I would have time to shower and eat before going to class with all the other "adult" students who had day jobs. It was hard, money was short, but for the most part I was happy.

5 years ago
I had just quit my day job that I had worked so hard to earn. A job that I worked so hard at and one that helped me stand on my own feet financially for the first time in my life. A job with benefits, a job where I got to travel and feel like I was somebody. Yes, I just quit because it was not what I had dreamed of. It was not where my future was. It was just a job. It was a means to an end. I had always dreamed of doing the Hawaii Ironman and in 2002 I had fallen short of qualifying by 2 min in 2 different races. I needed more sleep and more time to train. The goal was so close so the choice was easy - give up the job and go after the dream...duh!

1 year ago
I was getting ready to have the race of my life at Lake Placid Ironman. I was in great shape, I was going to qualify for Hawaii again and set a PR. I was focused, I was determined, I was enjoying racing. Coaching was my way of sharing my passion for sport and earning a living. They say that if you have a job you love you will never work a day in your life (almost true).

5 things on my to-do list today:
Write training schedules for all the athletes I coach
Swim
Schedule someone to take down trees in the doggy area
(Yeah I know that is only 3...but it is Monday and I spend all day writing schedules!)

5 snacks I enjoy:
(this list always varies)
Donuts - Krispy Kreme, Bavarian Creme. I can eat a dozen glazed and still go for a bike ride. No kidding
Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries (best when picked during a trail run)
Graham Crackers
Prunes
Bolthouse farms smoothie

If I were a billionaire:
I would buy love and give it to all the little kids who don't get enough and then I would pair each child up with a pound puppy so they could be forever friends. I think I would then spay an neuter irresponsible people and pets...is that allowed?

5 people I would like to have lunch with:
Kahil Gibran, Frank, Alex and her entire family, Christy, My father

5 places I have lived:
Oldwick, NJ
Bakede, Germany
Groningen, Netherlands
Pheonix, Arizona
Walnut Grove, SC

5 jobs I have had:
Waitress at Waffle House
Gold's Gym Sales
Cleaning Lady
Groom - yes, I cleaned the horses and picked up poop - glamorous!
Project Controls for Engineering company

No comments: