Sunday, June 15, 2008

Willow was once a pound puppy

This is a picture of my precious Willow. A friend of mine at the local humane society called me as soon as she came in and told me that there was a Weimaraner puppy there. I honestly did not believe her (I was just starting to rescue at this point). I went to see her and could not believe my eyes - a beautiful young Weim female. She was 9 months old. I took her home and told myself I would find her a home. Indeed I did...my home! She was a crazy puppy with no manners. She ate my husband's dinner off his plate the first night and a month later ATE the dining room wall. She had some issues to work through but now years later she is a wonderful, well mannered dog. She runs with me and swims like a champ. We are also kindred spirits since we are the only 2 females in the house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an impossibly gorgeous dog! How old is Willow now? I see a little more grey around the muzzle. Hard to believe my Sterling turned 9 in April. He was just a puppy. He did a little furniture chewing but no walls...Thank God!

Chris said...

I k now the feeling of being outnumbered only in reverse! 3 Women in the house and a female poochie!! Ughhh! :-)

However, I will say that there is nothing better than comeing home to daddy's little girls!! (even when I have to camp in the bcak yard! :-) )