Friday, June 13, 2008

My Festival of Flowers

As many of you have now noted I did not finish the Festival of Flowers triathlon. The reason I did not finish was not because of the heat but because I trained way too much the week before and I arrived exhausted. I thought maybe after a day of relaxing (camping) I would feel better but the truth is I only felt worse! So many years previously I have done a ridiculous amount of training the week before a race and been able to bounce back but that was not the case this year. Maybe I am just getting older? At any rate after suffering through the bike ride I made the decision to stop. I could have finished but it would have taken me much longer to recover and I did not see anything to be gained - training wise. So I stopped and then I went and cheered and watched the race unfold. I watched many who I coach have awesome races despite the heat and that brought much more joy to me than crossing the finish line ever has.

Congrats to all of you for racing your hearts out in that blasted heat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You? Older? Never!