Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Weim finds safety

This is a picture of Cosmo who has now been renamed Amos. He came to me on Dec 22nd. I did not write about him before Christmas because his story was too sad. A friend's husband picked Cosmo up and brought him to me on a freezing cold Monday night. We met in the BI-LO parking lot. He had warned me that the dog looked bad but nothing could have prepared me for the rack of bones that got out of his car. Quickly I put Cosmo in the back of my car where he tore into anything that resembled food. The poor guy was hungry. From what I can gather the people who owned him had taken care of him for about 7 years but then when they got a new car last year they did not want to mess with the dog anymore. He needed to go to the vet because he was Heartworm positive but instead they tied him to a tree and waited for him to die. If it had not been for Heath poor Cosmo would not have made it much longer.

Cosmo stayed with me for a little over a week, first getting a bath, some de-wormer, eating 5x a day, playing a little ball and getting all the love he could handle. He was sweet, gentle and affectionate. He is now staying with Elena who is the coordinator for Weim Rescue in SC. She will be fostering him until his new forever family steps forward. He is 7 years old and has lots of love and life left to give. He deserves a good life.

Cosmo was the 8th dog I helped to save in 2008. It was a busy year!

No comments: