Friday, February 8, 2008

I am fortunate

Most of my days consist of getting up long before dawn and either heading to the pool or my computer. Then I dash around the rest of the day, squeeze a workout in here or there, a few coaching sessions, volunteer work with Pet Therapy or Ache Around the Lake and don't forget my Little Sister, Hai'lee! Oh yes, and be a friend to my friends and clean the house and cook and walk dogs. Yeah - I know I don't work (technically coaching is working) but I am just way too busy to work 9-5 plus I am convinced that I was not made to do the corporate thing. I tried it for some years and did enjoy jetting around and dressing up, but mostly I waited for the clock to turn to 5 so that I could literally run out the door and bask in the fresh air. So now I really live life every day. I am normally exhausted at the end of the day, but at least I know that on a daily basis I do things that make a difference for people. Some days I forget this, some days I am frustrated, but when I stop long enough to look at my life I can only be grateful to live the way that I do.

No comments: