Sunday, February 24, 2008

Manitou Cave Dwellings

This morning I just had to finish up my sight seeing with a visit to the cave dwellings which date back to 1100-1300 AD. I was one the of the first there this morning which was great because I could climb through all the caves and read all about the people that used to live there. They had some interesting habits – like burying their dead in the garbage pile (only during winter months). Also to give their corn meal more flavor the women would chew it first and then spit it back into the mix – supposedly it made it sweeter! Yuck! Aside from those habits they seemed to be interesting and they kept dogs as pets so I have to like them.

This was my only real sight-seeing for today although I did go for a run on some great trails. The first half mile of running seemed hard but after that the altitude did not bother me too much. Going up one steep hill I was wheezing but I figure if I can run every morning before class I will at least have done something good for my fitness!

I still have a sore throat and swollen glands – but I figure it can’t get any worse so I am just going to get back into the routine and hope that it goes away soon. I HATE being sick, it really puts a cramp in my activities!

No comments: