Friday, February 8, 2008

Manx

Now I know that you are thinking that I left the little dog at the Greenville Humane Society and then took this other dog home...but you have to know me better by now! On the way to the marathon at Tybee Island I stopped by the Greenville Humane Society and broke Manx out of jail. Despite rumors that he was hard to handle (I even stopped at the vet to get tranquilizer!) I found Manx to be very sweet, well behaved and a great runner. We did a few laps in the parking lot before heading on our journey. He knew that I was taking him to a better place and he won my heart on the way. I met Elena from Weimaraner Rescue in Charleston at 1-26 & I-95 and handed over Manx. Over the weekend she worked with him and found that he was already trained to retrieve, swim and loves children! They renamed him Mike and now have him up for adoption. Ahh, another happy ending.

No comments: