Friday, November 23, 2007

Atlanta - Power Clinic

Really I went to Atlanta for the USA - Cycling clinic on training with Power - I went down early to check out the aquarium...

In order to keep my coaching certifications up to date and to assure everyone that I really do know what I am doing I am required to go to continuing education classes. I also need to get a new certification pretty much every year in something to keep up. Last year I got my USA - Cycling (coach) certification. For those of you who don't know it training with a Power Meter is going to be how it is done within the next few years. Currently there are a few new affordable power meters on the market and as the price goes down I am sure a power meter will find its way to your "I have to have it" list. Anyway - I spent the entire weekend in a classroom listening to the guys who wrote the book (no kidding) on training with a power meter. I also had time to read the book again during the class and I have been training with a power meter for 2 years so I now actually feel like I am ready to coach someone with one. Since sitting 2 days in class was pretty much torture for me I hope that everyone goes out an buys one soon so I am practice all the stuff I learned in class on you!

Aside from class I was treated to a stay at the downtown Atlanta Marriott. It seemed nice enough, minus the fact that they had no water the first night, but at least their food was good! On Saturday night I finally got to go to Trader Vic's a restaurant I have been dying to go to since I went there in Munich many years ago. That was pretty much the highlight of the weekend - or maybe that was when the water in the hotel came back on? All in all it was a fun weekend, even educational.

No comments: