Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tsali Trip







I started going to Tsali last year. I tagged along with the Foothills Cyclists annual trip and fell in love with the rustic camping area (I thought it was cute - looking out the window of the RV). The trails are pretty easy for mountain biking and not very technical but fun so I feel safe riding there. The trails make for great running too. So this year as my end of the year trip I headed up there with the group again for 4 days of uninterrupted fun. We biked pretty much everyday on the trails although this year I was more cautious than ever. I admit I am AFRAID of falling off the mountain bike with 2 bad shoulders. Still on these trails I was able to ride pretty much everything and enjoy it. On Saturday I set out to run at least 2 loops - actually it wasn't my idea - but was done in order to earn bragging rights. So after 16 miles on the trails I arrived back at camp ready for lunch and a nap. After all it was vacation! The entire time we had a great campfire - thanks to Michael for all the wood. Shannon made some killer coffee every morning and of course Dave organized our meals and for a change it seemed everyone took turns doing the cooking and I actually saw Dave sit down for the first time ever! By the time I needed to head home I was getting into a good routine of training and recovery and campfire dinners. I could have happily stayed a few more days - but all things come to an end. It was a fun trip and a good end of season get away and a good way for me to start back to regular training. Pictures will be posted later. (After falling on my digital camera earlier in the year I opted against carrying it with me - so I had to go have the photos developed and put on a CD - how old fashioned!)

No comments: