Saturday, November 24, 2007

I won a Turkey & Pumpkin Pie!

On Thanksgiving Day we headed to Spartanburg for a 5K race at my Alma Matter. While the campus has changed considerably since I went to school there all the tough hills that put a hurting on me 9 years ago are still there. The race was small and the day was blustery and a little wet but I actually managed to be the first woman accross the line. As I have said before in other blog entries there were not a lot of women but a win is a win! My prize: A trophy with a golden turkey on top, a big roaster turkey and a pumpkin pie! I think that these are the best awards I have ever won. Something else to be thankful for!

1 comment:

Chris said...

What time do we eat?
Congrats on the win! After all, a win is a win! (unless you are the only one running) Then it's a accomplishment! :-)