Friday, November 23, 2007

Colby's Triathlon

I swear I am not that short - they are all just that tall!

On Nov 10th I did my first triathlon since Lake Placid. You probably have not heard of this one since there were only 4 of us but it was still the same good fun swim, bike, run. We met in the afternoon down at the Pine Street YMCA and did a little 400m swim, a 12 mile bike and a 3 mile run. You probably are wondering why on earth we were doing this in the middle of the winter. Colby (standing next to me in the picture) was doing a senior project on triathlon and it would not be complete until he actually did a triathlon. I was his mentor. So to make things a little more fun I invited Brad & Chad (Wir hier to pump you up - sorry old Saturday Night Live joke). We all did the tri together and since we are all so experienced we thought it would be easy....but Colby ran Cross Country. After we got off the bikes Colby only made one comment about his legs and then took off! Chad who just did IM FL the weekend before had to be hurting. I know I was! Anyway Colby ran a steady quick pace and completed his project with flying colors. His mother was so kind and even took us all to dinner afterwards.

No comments: