Friday, November 23, 2007

Old Friends

Rhonda, Katie, Kelly and new member of the girls club - Madi (Madison)

On the 16th of November Rhonda and her husband Jeff (who also went to school with us) came back to visit. They live in Beaverton, OR where Jeff works at Adidas and Rhonda works as a pharmacist at the hospital.

Back in the day...yes High School, Rhonda, Kelly and I did pretty much everything together. Some of the things that come to mind: cross country, track, soccer, working at George's, hanging out at the lake, having illegal parties, being drama queens in local theater productions, skipping school and collecting real estate signs. After high school we all took off for college. Rhonda was the first to finish and in a way the last too since it seems she enjoyed it so much. Kelly and I both opted for "alternative" educations although I eventually had to conform. Kelly and Rhonda were both nice enough to take bets at my first wedding as to how long it would last. To this day I am not sure which one of them actually "won". I can tell you this much it certainly was not me! Back in high school I am not sure which one of us I would have pegged as the first to have children but I don't think it would have been Kelly - so she surprised us and has had not 1 but 2 adorable kids. Ok - Kelly you have won the race - you can stop having kids now! Rhonda and I are hopelessly behind and may never catch up.

So as we all got together again for the first time in probably 4 or 5 years it was fun to see how we have all grown and changed, been educated by life, but in so many ways we are all still the same small town, fun loving girls we always were. We still love each other for what we are. I am proud of what Rhonda has done with all her smarts and impressed with Kelly's mothering and the cozy home she and Alex have made together. I am thankful to have friends like Kelly & Rhonda and have enjoyed watching as we all age...although I think we all look just like we did in high school!

No comments: