Monday, November 26, 2007

Technology

Yesterday I went for my long run. Of course I had my Garmin (GPS Unit) on my arm but the funny thing is that it does not work if you don't turn it on. Of course I noticed this and I turned it on - I figured I had missed about a half mile. After all I know my running routes...NOT! After about 3 hours of running trails and roads I had about 19 miles. It felt more than that but the Garmin is always accurate (if it is turned on!) The point at which I saw John driving down the road looking for me gave me a clue that something was up, maybe he just wanted to bring me a Coke? I guess the watch had been off for more like 2-3 miles because it was already 11:30 and I had left the house at 8 and told John that I would be home at 11:00. Oops - now I know why he was out looking for me! Thanks to John I did not run an entire marathon during my training run.

No comments: